As I have expressed in other posts, sometimes we all need an extra push – either from loved ones, people who are empathetic towards your situation, or perhaps people you have never had the pleasure to meet at all. Everyone requires different amounts of motivation and inspiration, thus one must gauge their needs and desires accordingly. To view other motivational quotes on education, click on this article: Thought-Provoking Educational Quotes.
Quotes worth noting found at brainyquote.com:
- “It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.”
- “Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and diligence.”
- “The love of learning, the sequestered nooks, And all the sweet serenity of books.”
-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
- “To the extent that we are all educated and informed, we will be more equipped to deal with the gut issues that tend to divide us.”
-Caroline Kennedy Schlossberg.
Quotes worth noting found at positivityblog.com:
- “Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life. Remember that fear always lurks behind perfectionism.”
-David M. Burns.
- “Education makes a people easy to lead but difficult to drive: easy to govern, but impossible to enslave.”
Quotes worth noting at goodreads.com:
- “The past has no power over the present moment.”
- “Ideally, what should be said to every child, repeatedly, throughout his or her school life is something like this: ‘You are in the process of being indoctrinated. We have not yet evolved a system of education that is not a system of indoctrination. We are sorry, but it is the best we can do. What you are being taught here is an amalgam of current prejudice and the choices of this particular culture. The slightest look at history will show how impermanent these must be. You are being taught by people who have been able to accommodate themselves to a regime of thought laid down by their predecessors. It is a self-perpetuating system. Those of you who are more robust and individual than others will be encouraged to leave and find ways of educating yourself — educating your own judgements. Those that stay must remember, always, and all the time, that they are being moulded and patterned to fit into the narrow and particular needs of this particular society.”
-Doris Lessing, in The Golden Notebook.
- “The educated differ from the uneducated as much as the living differ from the dead.”
To understand that your education is more than your education – to enjoy the mundane and to appreciate and desire to utilize the knowledge is more motivation than any other. With the first of the new year, do not choose to set a new year’s resolution to be more motivated in education; instead, make a life change. Decide for yourself that this year will not be like any other year and commit yourself to that ideology. For that is the best you can do for yourself.